Author Topic: Guildwars 2  (Read 17545 times)

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
  • Class: Infantry
Re: Guildwars 2
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2012, 01:22:10 AM »
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
anyone who is still in game might want to take part in the guru screenshot competition

New this Wintersday we are running a Screenshot competition parallel with the Workshop! Take a Wintersday themed Screenshot and post it in the thread to participate. You may only submit 1 screenshot to the competition and it can be cropped but not otherwise touched up in an image editing program. This means no changes to colours, contrast, brightness or otherwise.

Screenshots will be judged based on quality of composition, concept, subject(s), originality and how closely related the screenshot is to the Wintersday theme.

NB! Remove UI with crtl+shift+h and add -bmp to the end of the command line for the GW2 client to get higher quality screenshots.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/76988-wintersday-workshop/

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline David

• Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
  • Class: None
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
Got this game early today, it's pretty damn awesome :thumbup:

Offline Cybran

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »
Yes, the leveling is fun, but the part after was kinda bad when I played it, maybe the added something new or updated some dungeons to make them more fun, but those 300 hours I spend playing it were worth the money.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »

It is beautiful, use your awesome arty skills to take a screenie and enter the competition - btw care to share your ign?

11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »
I bought it on launch, played for about a week then gave up and haven't touched it since. Somehow I failed to connect to the game and felt lonely. There was so much going on but non of it felt like I was involved and part of it. Not to mention the lack of dwarves and beards...

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2013, 09:55:10 PM »

No David, just no. You should play Warband, man. The curse might wear off otherwise... :'(
  • IG_Mgt_ryozu
  • ryozu ryozu

Offline David

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:43 AM »
haven't really played warband for months now, i think the whole MMO kind of genre is designed to play it with your mates, solo play isn't nearly as fun. There's a bunch of about 5 of us, great fun.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2013, 02:01:13 AM »
absolutely the clue is in the name - you really need to have a guild for it to be worthwhile.  Even so I found GW2 kind of grindy.

Offline nedsat

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
absolutely the clue is in the name - you really need to have a guild for it to be worthwhile.  Even so I found GW2 kind of grindy.

You found it grindy? I found it easy to level. Just as easy to obtain best gear in the game (at least most of it). So I ran out of things to do rather quickly.

WvW was nothing compared to good ol' DAoC... It is ofcourse unfair to compare any game to DAoC but they did so themself.
PvP was alright but not as fun as GW1 used to be and my friends rather quickly lost interest in the game and PvP gets kinda doll when you're not playing with friends.

On the bright side the whole game experience was very smooth and I had a good time just leveling even though I was soloing most of the time. I wouldn't say it was a complete waste because I had a decent amount of fun but it didn't have that long lasting/keep on playing factor that a good MMORPG should have (imo).
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline David

« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:26 AM »
My only prob with it atm was the key bindings, I like to strafe while attacking and doing that, dodging and trying to press 1-0 and the F1-F4 was a nightmare, so spent about an hour making a new key binding set that I felt comfortable with.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »

You found it grindy? I found it easy to level. Just as easy to obtain best gear in the game (at least most of it). So I ran out of things to do rather quickly.

WvW was nothing compared to good ol' DAoC... It is ofcourse unfair to compare any game to DAoC but they did so themself.
PvP was alright but not as fun as GW1 used to be and my friends rather quickly lost interest in the game and PvP gets kinda doll when you're not playing with friends.

On the bright side the whole game experience was very smooth and I had a good time just leveling even though I was soloing most of the time. I wouldn't say it was a complete waste because I had a decent amount of fun but it didn't have that long lasting/keep on playing factor that a good MMORPG should have (imo).

Yeah I did find it grindy but I have not put much effort into it at all.  I don't want to have to play alone and actually my guildies are great and would come to me whenever I asked but the cost of travel annoys me.  I don't want to have to spend time levelling or getting gear or working out where to allocate points into anything, I just want to go online and play happily with friends - and that wasn't happening for me because we were all so spread out in teh world.

I loved GW and I loved playing with the guild and the whole community feeling.  I think they lost that in 2 and by trying to make a game that pleases everyone they made a dull game.  atm I give it about 30 mins a week and I don't really enjoy that.  About half my time is spent trying to manage my inventory ^^

David will you share what you came up with for your key bindings?  I had a successful set in GW but it all hinged on click to move.

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
My only prob with it atm was the key bindings, I like to strafe while attacking and doing that, dodging and trying to press 1-0 and the F1-F4 was a nightmare, so spent about an hour making a new key binding set that I felt comfortable with.

For a MMO it sure had a lacking amount of available keybindings and general options.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2013, 05:34:05 PM »
Recently, ArenaNet pointed out that they have been uploading various music and sound clips to their SoundCloud page. You can check out their uploads here.
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet

If anything, you should listen to the voiceover outtakes. Poor Logan, INDEED. Also, I think Zojja has a serious drug problem.
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/guild-wars-2-voiceover