Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 17461 times)

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »
Dark Star
Scout ship has been 20 years in space looking for and destroying unstable planets - in that time the small crew have become pretty unstable themselves. 

managed to find a copy to rewatch it.  Thought teh family might appreciate it but they all wondered off within 20 mins (no attention span).

I found it as funny as ever and beautifully acted.

I was astonished to find it was a John Carpenter film - are all his films cult classics?  I musty watch  Assault in Precinct 13 again...

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Greedy Sheedy

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2014, 02:02:34 AM »
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

I thought it was an excellent film, really enjoyable.

Offline Greedy Sheedy

« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
Prisoners (2013), really engrossing film. Some great acting in it by Jackman and Gyllenhaal especially. 7.5/10 :P

Offline Thunder

• It's a very happy day ! We'll have some fun, fun
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2014, 08:38:36 AM »
Interstellar (2014) Christopher Nolan scifi movie.
I don't want to spoil so I did not say anything about the scenario, it's just about the look, and the actor play, so you can read it

A great movie, near of the master piece !
In some way it looks like a kubrick movie, for the realism it have on space, but I doubt that CIA will pay Nolan to make a fake movie about man on the moon (trolololololo). But like brittish movie, people are really brittish in the way to talk and their manner, I know nolan really like that feeling, but from people out of this culture it's sometimes can feel cold and without any feeling. If you attent to having fun to watch a movie, don't go there ! I saw a guardian critic rating that 3/5, because there wasn't any moment when you a laugh moment, well, it's a nolan movie what did you expect?

Vampire from John Carpenter
The intro is superb, but at the end it looks like a shitty random movie from the 90's, I'm really disapointed 2.5/5

Nosferatu (the 30's one)
I think because of all the effects we have now, it destroy a bit of the charm and it looks like a tale. But it's really scary at some point, and the actor for back them are impresive... :P

"We are not a local band
We are from outer space
We don't even give a damn
We will probably smash your face"
Dead milkmen- Milkmen stomp