Author Topic: Weird death  (Read 612 times)

Offline Triari

• External Admin
  • Class: Ranger
Weird death
« on: July 24, 2016, 11:28:47 PM »
Hey!

So I was playing as a cav and while riding across the map me and my horse encountered a wall, which made the horse stop as usual. It was at 20% health and my charakter at 100%. An enemy was just a few meters away, turned around and aimed with his bamboo spear at my horse. Very normal so far but... At the same moment my horse went into horse-heaven, I died aswell. Not through the enemy, the server showed the headshot icon and my name, just like it happens if you leave the server or commit suicide by joining spectator. I lost a kill too but remained in my team, not as spectator. I also kept the equipment I chose in the equipment screen and I never pressed escape and switched factions. Also there is no way the guy could have killed me in one hit with his spear.

I hope that's not too confusing  :bag:
There were admins online at that time but even if one of them would have slayed me the server probably has a message for that and I won't get -1 kills. So very unlikely.

Any idea how this is possible? I've played this game for a veeeery long time now but never experienced anything similar.

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
  • Class: None
Re: Weird death
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »
There were a fair share of map bugs in the past where for example when climbing ladders or steep hills, you would just suddenly die and fly up into the air.

No idea what causes it.
  • IG_Mgt_ryozu
  • ryozu ryozu

Offline volcom

• Class: Ranger
Re: Weird death
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:56 AM »
I call that a home run for the bamboo wielding player.

My guess is that you were stuck in that wall on the server side. Turning left/right or moving got you killed just as Ryozu mentions that it can happen with ladders or hills.
Secondly, I think on the server your character was already falling below the map or above the map and you died as soon as it hit map height limit.
Just guesses :)